Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gotta love what you do...

This is my dining room table as of 1:30AM this morning1 Why does it look this way?

Easy- I was troubleshooting a problem that we were having at a clients house integrating a Control4 system with a doorbell and intercom system, and I wanted to replicate the issue we were having.

Even though I have Control4 in my house- it wasn't the same system, so I couldn't just use what I had-

I connected a HC300 to an audio matrix switch, and integrated it with Sonos, a doorbell and a phone paging system. This system gives you the ability to pickup the phone, make an annoucement over the speakers (page) and then someone else can pickup the telephone to answer you... It's a great clean solution that does not require any extra wires in the house (other than an audio system) there is no extra wall clutter and it does not require a proprietary phone system either.

I got everything working the way it is supposed to- and so tomorrow we get to install it! Thankfully my wife was sleeping, and I have time to get it all cleaned up before she wakes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment